- The RHK Store is the online shop, subsidiary of RHK Trading a Propitiatory business entity registered in Bangladesh with the Bangladesh Investment Development Authority. All details are provided in contact us page.
- Your personal information is, where appropriate, shared within the organization.
- We do use a number of third parties to process your personal information on our behalf and some of them are based outside of the European Economic Area.
- You have a number of rights over your personal information. How you can exercise these rights is set out in this notice.
- We do send direct marketing, if we’re allowed to. And we do this to encourage you to buy our products and services by sending you offers and ideas that we feel will be of benefit to you. If you want us to stop then here’s how.
- We also use your information to display more relevant online advertising and marketing relating to our products and services on websites, on other websites and online media channels.
- Our websites and apps are not intended for children and we do not knowingly collect children’s data.
The RHK Store is the online shop, subsidiary of RHK Trading a Propitiatory business entity registered in Bangladesh with the Bangladesh Investment Development Authority.
Our website address is: http://rhkstore.co.uk.
Post Code: 1960,
Switchboard 88 0 163 151 4830
Bangladesh Investment Development Authority Registered number: L-56071611013-H
- Information that you provide to us such as your name, address, date of birth, telephone number, email address, bank account and payment card details and any feedback you give to us, including by phone, email, post, or when you communicate with us via social media;
- Information about the services that we provide to you (including for example, the things we have provided to you, when and where, what you paid, the way you use our products and services, and so on);
- Information required to make decisions about your applications for products and services we offer (for example, if we offer any insurance, loans or credit cards) such as your medical history if applying for a life insurance product;
- Your account login details for our websites and apps, including your user name and chosen password;
- Information about whether or not you want to receive marketing communications from us;
- Information about any device you have used to access our services (such as your device’s make and model, browser or IP address) and also how you use our services. For example, we try to identify which of our apps you use and when and how you use them. If you use our websites, we try to identify when and how you use those websites too;
- Your contact details and details of the emails and other electronic communications you receive from us, and how you interact with them. For example whether the communication has been opened, if you have clicked on any links within that communication and the device you used. We do this because we want to make sure that our communications are useful for you, so if you don’t open them or don’t click on any links in them, we know we need to improve our Services;
- Information from other sources such as specialist companies that provide customer information. For example credit reference agencies such as Experian, the Royal Mail, fraud prevention agencies, claims databases, marketing and research companies, social media providers, pay TV providers and the DVLA, as well as information that is publicly available; and
- Information captured by our CCTV, automatic number plate recognition (ANPR) and body worn recording devices (together ‘CCTV’) if you visit any of our premises.
- Consent: You have told us you are happy for us to process your personal information for a specific purpose (s);
- Legitimate interests: The processing is necessary for us to conduct our business, but not where our interests are overridden by your interests or rights.
- Performance of a contract: We must process your personal information in order to be able to provide you with one of our products or services;
- Vital interests: The processing of your personal information is necessary to protect you or someone else’s life;
- Legal obligation: We are required to process your personal information by law.
We may use your information in the following ways:
- To provide our products and services – we need to use your personal information to make our products and services available to you. If you then decide to order any of our products or services, or enter one of our competitions then we’re delighted, thank you. After that, we need to provide them to you, process your payment and sometimes award you. We need to use your details to do all this.
- To improve your shopping experience – we try to understand our customers so we can provide you with a great shopping experience, personalised offers, shopping ideas and online advertising. Understanding how you use our Apps, how you interact with us, when you shop, the products and services you buy and how you use and browse our websites helps us to do this.
- For safety and security – we use your personal information to help provide safe and secure environments for our customers to shop in, our colleagues to work in and for our businesses to be conducted. To enable this, if you are in our premises we use CCTV, ANPR technology, body worn recording devices, monitor online behaviour and carry out checks to help us ensure that our customers are genuine to prevent fraud and to help customers use our services appropriately.
- Analytics and profiling – we use your personal information for statistical analysis and to help us understand more about our customers. That includes understanding the products and services you buy, how you shop across the whole website and by creating profiles about you. This helps us to serve you better and to find ways to improve our services, apps and websites. These profiles help us to send you offers that are more relevant to you.
- Contacting you – we use your personal information to contact you. This may be in relation to a service update, an issue you have raised with us, to conduct market research or to ask for your feedback.
- Marketing and advertising – we use your personal information to provide relevant marketing communications (including by email, phone, SMS, post or online advertising), relating to our products and services, and those of our suppliers. As part of this, online advertising may be displayed on websites and on other organisations’ websites and online media channels. We may also use information about how you shop with us to measure the effectiveness of these campaigns.
- Financial Services – if we proivde any financial services and you interact with our financial services, your personal information is also used for our credit and capital management purposes and other purposes set out in the financial services section of this notice.
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
After approval of your comment, your profile picture is visible to the public in the context of your comment.
If you upload images to our website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
We use CCTV across in our dispatch and return center for the protection of our colleagues, customers and business. This includes investigating accidents, incidents, criminal activities and breaches of our policies. CCTV is also in operation in our petrol stations and car parks for these purposes. If any car parks are run by third parties, so please check the local notice.
Some of our colleagues also wear body worn devices to protect themselves and our customers in high risk situations such as when there is a threat of violence. These devices record audio and video.
Occasionally we share CCTV with public or regulatory authorities or in response to requests from individuals seeking to protect their rights, the rights of others or helping to prevent crime and nuisance. We will only share CCTV if we consider a request to be appropriate.
To Ensure Smooth Operation – We will share your personal information in certain circumstances with the other companies within the organization so that we can provide you with a high quality, personalised and tailored service (including relevant marketing). That includes sharing information with the companies which operate for different support services and online shopping.
Our service providers – we work with different companies so that they can help us provide the products and services you require from us or we think you might be interested in. These third parties include:
- Advertising companies, who help us place RHK Store adverts online and on other media; Social media providers – such as Facebook, Instagram and Twitter; Market research partners, who help us analyse customer behaviour;
- Companies that deploy our email campaigns because they need to know your email address to carry out these services;
- Companies that provide insights and analytics services so we can stock the right products, send the relevant marketing campaigns and understand our business and customers better;
- Scheme providers – such as Visa and MasterCard – if you hold a credit card or travel money card with us, in order to manage your account and for your payments to be processed;
- Our agents, advisers or others involved in running accounts and services for you and your business or collecting what you or your business owe Group companies.
- Credit reference agencies, if you become a customer of our financial services (please see the “Banking and financial services” section for further information), if and when available;
- Third party vendors who help us manage and maintain the RHK Store IT infrastructure;
- Logistics and delivery providers who enable us to deliver products you order on our websites;
- Where relevant, our professional advisors, such as lawyers and consultants;
- Security and fraud prevention companies to ensure the safety and security of our customers, colleagues and business;
- Companies which run our contact centres because they need your personal information to identify and contact you;
- Companies who assess faults and repair products on our behalf;
- Companies who administer competitions for us so they run smoothly;
- Companies that enable us to collect your reviews and comments, both online and offline; and
- Companies that help us with our community and social goals, such as global environment.
If you use the services provided by another company to interact with us, such as a virtual assistant or a social media platform, please be aware that your data is also subject to the privacy policies of these companies.
Other organisations and individuals – we may share your personal information in certain scenarios. For example:
- If we’re discussing selling or transferring part or all of our business, we may share information about you to prospective purchasers and their advisers – but only so they can evaluate the relevant business; or
- If we are reorganised or sold to another organisation, we may transfer information we hold about you to them so they can continue to provide the Services to you.
- If we are required to by law, under any code of practice by which we are bound or where we are asked to do so by a public or regulatory authority;
- If we need to do so in order to exercise or protect our legal rights, users, systems and services; or
- In response to requests from individuals (or their representatives) seeking to protect their rights or the rights of others. We will only share your personal information in response to requests which do not override your privacy interests. For example, we will not share your personal information with individuals who are merely curious about you, but we will share your personal information to e.g. insurers, solicitors, employers etc. which have a legitimate interest in your personal information.
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
- the right to access a copy of the personal information we hold about you;
- the right to correction of inaccurate personal information we hold about you;
- the right to restrict our use of your personal information;
- the right to be forgotten;
- the right of data portability; and
- the right to object to our use of your personal information.
Currently we don’t provide banking and financial services
We use automated decision making, including profiling, in certain circumstances, such as when it is in our legitimate interests to do so, or where we have a right to do so because it is necessary for us to enter into, and perform, a contract with you. We use profiling to enable us to give you the best service by RHK Store, including specific marketing which we believe you will be interested in.
You have the right not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated processing, including profiling, which has legal effects for you or affects you in any other significant way.
If you are seeking to exercise this right, please contact us using the details in the “Contact Us” page.
We take protecting your personal information seriously and are continuously developing our security systems and processes. Some of the controls we have in place are:
- We limit physical access to our buildings and user access to our systems to only those that we believe are entitled to be there;
- We use technology controls for our information systems, such as firewalls, user verification, strong data encryption, and separation of roles, systems & data; Systems are proactively monitored through a “detect and respond” information security function;
- We utilize industry “good practice” standards to support the maintenance of a robust information security management system; and
- We enforce a “need to know” policy, for access to any data or systems.
If you would like to exercise one of your rights as set out in the “Your rights” or “Automated decision making and profiling” sections above, or you have a question or a complaint about this policy, or the way your personal information is processed, please contact us by one of the following means:
By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Data Protection Officer at Privacy Team
Tangail, Post Code: 1960
You also have the right to lodge a complaint with the Consumer Association of Bangladesh, President. Go to CAB concerns to find out more.
- Products you’ve viewed: we’ll use this to, for example, show you products you’ve recently viewed
- Location, IP address and browser type: we’ll use this for purposes like estimating taxes and shipping
- Shipping address: we’ll ask you to enter this so we can, for instance, estimate shipping before you place an order, and send you the order!
Members of our team have access to the information you provide us. For example, both Administrators and Shop Managers can access:
- Order information like what was purchased, when it was purchased and where it should be sent, and
- Customer information like your name, email address, and billing and shipping information.
Our team members have access to this information to help fulfill orders, process refunds and support you.
We accept payments through PayPal. When processing payments, some of your data will be passed to PayPal, Xoom, Visa Card, Master Card etc. (You can see the payment options during the check out) including information required to process or support the payment, such as the purchase total and billing information.